Saturday, November 28, 2009

What kind of nail polish is best?

what is the best type of nail polish brand? something that won't wear out so quick.What kind of nail polish is best?
There are many reasons why you might not be getting lots of wear out of your nail polish.


1) you need to make sure your nails are completely dry and oil-free before you polish. this means using acetone remover on your nails to get rid of any traces of oil, hand lotion, soap, etc.


2) you need to use a great base coat. Something by Orly, sally hansen, etc.


3) apply two coats maximum. Chips happen the same way they do with house paint on walls- the more coats, the more chips. don't glob it on.


4) use a quick-dry spray or a top coat like Seche Vite (my personal fave).





Also, you can reapply seche vite every day to make your manicure last.





China Glaze, OPI, and Essie all have wider brushes so you use less polish. I also like Chanel.What kind of nail polish is best?
I recently bought a bottle of Sally Hansen nail polish that claimed to resist chipping for 10 days. HUGE WASTE OF MONEY!! I had chips on every nail by the end of the first day. I used to be a huge Sally Hansen fan but I don't like it so much anymore. It seems overpriced when it only lasts a day. I've tried Maybelline's Express Shine polish. I really like it because I can put on 2 coats and it dries in less than 5 minutes. It's so nice to be able to paint my nails in the morning at work and have them dry so fast that you can wait on customers not even 5 minutes later and you don't have to worry about smudges. I recently bought some NYC and Wet N Wild paints and they perform much like Maybelline.


Having said that, I do have to do some MINOR touch ups, which I don't mind. Usually I work and I type all day so I do get a little nick here or there. I can usually wear a color for 4 or 5 days and then I get bored and switch it out. The cheaper brands that I listed before can make it that long with a touch up here or there. I don't use a topcoat though (I've found it makes the paint peel faster and I'll sit and peel it all the way off when I'm bored at work). That's pretty much what I stick to.


Hope this helps... Good Luck!
for a long wear nothing lasts as long as revlon colorstay nail polish but it doesnt come in very many shades and most are reds and mauves.. but i like opi nail polish im a nail technician..x
Sally Hansen works amazing, stays on long, and there r awesome colors.
in my experience, O.P.I. is the best
  • computer security
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    freckles