Saturday, November 28, 2009

Aerosol cans and nail polish in checked luggage?

I'm going to Paris in a week %26amp; I want to bring the following items:





-Shaving Cream


- Aerosol moisturizer


- Hairspray


- Nail Polish


- Perfume





If I pack these all in my checked luggage, will any of them explode due to air pressure or break?Aerosol cans and nail polish in checked luggage?
Aerosol cans have never been permitted, due to the reason you have stated.


If any of the above, apart from the Nail Polish, are in aerosol cans than the answer is..... POSSIBLY!!!!Aerosol cans and nail polish in checked luggage?
All can be put in your checked luggage. They won't explode, but I learned the hard way to try and isolate my personal care items from my clothing. Because arriving in Rome a couple of years ago, my shampoo had leaked all over my clothes....due to TSA opening my shampoo and not putting the cap back on tight. So try putting anything like that in a gallon size zip lock bag for your own protection.
The above poster is incorrect. You can bring aerosol in your checked baggage; the baggage compartment is pressurized. Be sure to put them all in waterproof containers.





You can also bring an aerosol into the cabin if it's 3 oz. or less.
They transport animals in cargo holds.





I have never had a problem with anything like that when flying.





I think you are OK, but you can call your carrier to be sure.
I travel all the time, and I have brought all of the above with no problems. However, make sure you do not bring any of those items in your carry-on or it will be confiscated. Also, if your aerosol can is too big they will take it. Bring a smaller size. Wrap the perfume in a sock so that it will not break, and then put the sock inside of your sneaker. Also -- just another travel tip... ROLL your clothes, you will be able to fit 1/3 more things in your suitcase and it keeps the wrinkles to a minimum.
You're allowed to pack all of those in your checked luggage. However, I'd avoid aerosol as my friend had hers leak all over her stuff once when the luggage compartment wasn't properly pressurized. You can get moisturizer in a tube or plastic jar for not a lot of money so you might want to consider that.





Also, be sure to pack all these things (as well as toothpaste, etc) in a zip-lock baggie or some other plastic bag. I had brown shampoo leak all over my clothes one time and colouring in shampoo will stain clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
freckles